Κυριακή 8 Νοεμβρίου 2020

Renoprotective Effects of Origanum majorana Methanolic L and Carvacrol on Ischemia/Reperfusion-Induced Kidney Injury in Male Rats

alwin shared this article with you from Inoreader

ecam.banner.jpg

Background. The most important cause of acute renal failure in normal kidneys is ischemia-reperfusion (I/R) injury. The aim of the current study was to investigate the protective effects of Origanum majorana (OM) methanolic extract, carvacrol, and vitamin E on I/R-induced kidney injury in male rats. Material and Method. Thirty Wistar male rats were randomly allocated into 5 groups; sham, I/R, I/R + OM (300 mg/kg), I/R + carvacrol (75 mg/kg), and I/R + vitamin E (100 mg/kg). Renal function markers, oxidant-antioxidant parameters, and histopathological examination were evaluated. Results. It was exhibited that the urea, creatinine, protein carbonyl, glomerular filtration rate, total thiol, ferric reducing antioxidant power, and histopathological changes markedly reversed in the treatment gr oups with OM or carvacrol in comparison to the I/R merely group. Conclusion. We conclude that OM extract or its ingredient, carvacrol, exerts renoprotective impacts in I/R-induced kidney injury possibly by scavenging free radicals and increasing antioxidant power.
View on the web

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου