Πέμπτη 8 Δεκεμβρίου 2016

Correlations of insulin-like growth factor I and insulin-like growth factor I receptor with the clinicopathological features and prognosis of patients with colon cancer

Objective

This study is designed to evaluate the correlations of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) and insulin-like growth factor I receptor (IGF-IR) expressions with the clinicopathological features and prognosis of patients with colon cancer.

Methods

From January 2010 to January 2009, tissue samples were collected from 121 colon cancer patients, 147 with colon adenoma and 63 patients with chronic diarrhea. Real-time quantitative polymerase chain reaction was used to analyze the mRNA expressions of IGF-I and IGF-IR. Immunohistochemistry was utilized to detect the protein expressions of IGF-I and IGF-IR.

Results

The IGF-I and IGF-IR mRNA expressions in colon cancer tissues were higher than those in colon adenoma tissues and normal tissues. The positive protein expressions of IGF-I and IGF-IR in colon cancer tissues were also higher than those in colon adenoma tissues and normal tissues. The mRNA expressions of IGF-I and IGF-IR were associated with the degree of differentiation, tumor node metastasis stage and lymphatic metastasis of colon cancer. Tumor node metastasis stage, lymphatic metastasis, postoperative chemotherapy and IGF-IR protein expression were independent factors for the prognosis of colon cancer.

Conclusions

This study has demonstrated that overexpression of IGF-I and IGF-IR contributes to the development and progression of colon cancer.



from Cancer via ola Kala on Inoreader http://ift.tt/2gFvHfn
via IFTTT

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου